We don’t want foster families to walk through this alone. That’s where you come in. Family Partners agree to join the foster family in this journey. Each Crossroads NOLA foster family will be required to have a minimum of three family partners.
The Foster Family Experience
The needs that arise in foster care are immediate. There is often no time to buy clothes, make appointments, search for daycares, etc.
Because foster families have no prior experience with the children placed in their care, there are actions, emotions, and needs that are unpredictable.
A foster family does not know how long a child will be in their care – making it difficult to plan vacations, schedule events, and make appointments.
WAYS FAMILY PARTNERS HELP
- Bringing the family a meal when they receive a new placement or have a tough week
- Babysitting for a date night (evenings)
- Babysitting during work hours (for a sick child or child not yet in daycare)
- Helping with a last minute birthday party
- Helping foster families with Christmas presents
HOW DO I BECOME A FAMILY PARTNER?
- Submit the following application to Crossroads NOLA
- Crossroads NOLA matches you with a foster family in your church/community
- Attend a Crossroads NOLA training session
- Complete Background check (Crossroads NOLA will cover half of the $26 fee)