Children in foster care are often behind in school. For many foster families there is little time that can be devoted to helping a foster child “catch up.” Crossroads NOLA is recruiting and training tutors to assist children in foster care. As foster families request tutors, Crossroads NOLA will match the foster child with a tutor in our database.
- Willingness to commit to tutor a child for at least 6 months
- Cleared criminal background check
- Submit Volunteer Application and Interest Form
- Complete Crossroads NOLA’s Tutor Training
- Communicate with foster parents to schedule tutoring sessions that meet the need of the student and work with the foster family’s schedule
- Submit monthly Tutoring Log & Progress Report (online)
- Adequately prepare for each tutoring session